Firsts in Jdeida
- First Lebanese to visit China and Japan was Abdallah Hanna Mansour Salameh, migrated to Australia in 1892, stayed till 1901.
He came back home for and stayed one year then left to the USA where he started his own trading venture. He made a good reputation and was encouraged to go to the far east and import merchandise to the Lebanese and Syrian communities in North America.
After he appointed an agent for him there, he returned back to the USA.
Also he was one of the first founders of a Marjeyouni Club.
- First western style suit was worn by Saiid Azzam Barakat who died in 1908
- First male teacher in Jdeida was Makhoul Daher Abou Kasm and also he was the first Doctor
- First female teacher was Toha Abla, she finished her studies at the American School for Girls in Saida, and taught in Jdeida between 1901 and 1905
- First to enter the Medical School at the American University of Beirut was Dr. Assaad Diab Rahal, then followed by Dr. Moujalli Jabara, Dr. Najib Shadid, Dr. Rizk Haddad, and Dr. Samuel Khoury
- First Hospital was established in 1928 by Dr. Halim Barakat and Dr. Kamel Jabbour
- Dr. Nasib Chanbour , who died in 1928, was the first Arab physicain in USA
- Among the first migrants to Brazil were Murkus Rahal & Saiid Abou Zalaf in 1885
- First Jdeidani to trade with Egypt was Elias Abou Zalaf
- In the 1850s, the Orthodox Church opened the first school, then in 1867 the Americans opened the second one
- First Mayor of Jdeida was Massoud Nichola Jabara, who stayed in office for forty years
- Merhi Elias Lababdi was the first municipal policeman
- In 1914, first car entered Jdeida
- Nayfeh Transport" was the first to do business between Jdeida and the coastal cities
- First news paper in South Lebanon, "Sahifat Al Marj" was established by Dr. Assaad Diab Rahal in 1909
- In 1906, Father Mekhael Deeba, was the first Marjeyouni to publish a magazine in USA, it was called "Al Manar"
- In the 1940s "Cinema Haramoun" was established by Dr. Abdelmasih Mahfouz
- First General for the Lebanese Internal Forces "Al Darak" was General Sleiman Nawfal
- Also the first TV station in Lebanon was established by General Nawfal
- "Jamiiat Al Nahda Al Marjeyounia" was established in 1921. Some of the membrs were, Fadeel Wehbe, Caisar Rashed, Dr. Kamel Jabbour, Fouad Jardaq,Yaqoub Nadda, Eskandar Shadid, Abdallah Hamra, Ali Bakkar, Fouad Barakat & Dr. Moujalli Jabara
- First telephone call from USA to Jdeida was in 1952, between Issa Georges Rashed and Farid Shukri Rashed
- It was in Jdeida where the first Arabian Flag was erected after the Ottomans left in 1918
- First to be elected as a member of parliament was the Lawyer Nassar Hanna Gholmieh
- First Arab to be elected in the US Congress was Sen. Georges Abdallah Abu Kassm
- Jdeida became the brightest star in the South, when Electricity was introduced in 1952
- (Source: Marjeyouni Old Papers by the late Mr. Henry Abu Arraje)